Ashland Animal Hospital offers an array of both prescription and over the counter products to keep your pet happy and healthy. Our in-house pharmacy is stocked with prescription medications to provide preventive care, treat illnesses and ensure that your pet's medication is always available.
Other products available include:
- Flea, Tick & Heartworm Preventatives
- Prescription Diet Pet Foods
Ordering Pet Food & Prescriptions
- Please pre-order food and prescriptions by submitting a refill request, emailing, or calling us at 508-881-2400 during business hours. Allow 24 hours for your prescription order to be filled. If you have not received a confirmation email, then please call before you come to confirm that it is ready for pick up.
- Heartworm preventatives (which include some intestinal parasite control) that we carry include Heartgard Plus, Interceptor Plus, and Revolution. Flea/tick control that we carry include Vectra 3D monthly topical and the Seresto collar. These products can be picked up at the hospital during business hours as long as your pet is current with its vaccinations and heartworm test.
- Prescription refills should be requested 24 hours before pick up. All prescription refills will be filled at the discretion of your veterinarian.
- Hills and Royal Canin prescription pet food orders arrive weekly. Please call to make sure your food has arrived before coming in.
Pet medications can be expensive. Understanding this, we try to use generic medications when possible and price our products competitively.
Internet Pharmacies & Purchasing Pet Medications Online
The FDA advises caution when buying pet medications online.
Some internet websites represent legitimate, reputable pharmacies, however – others sell unapproved and counterfeit pet products. These companies will often sell medications without requiring prescriptions or without a proper veterinarian-client-patient relationship.
To avoid problems, the FDA advises:
- Order from a website that belongs to a VIPPS accredited pharmacy
- Mail the prescription provided by your veterinarian to the pharmacy after your pet receives a physical exam