- ultrasonic cleaning and polishing (dental prophylaxis)
- digital dental x-rays
- oral surgery
Ashland Animal Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art oral surgical equipment and the latest technology to provide your pet with a safe dental procedure.
Why Is Your Pet's Oral Health Important?
Routine and preventive dental care is vital to your pet's long term health. Pets with poor oral hygiene can develop periodontal disease, which can often lead to heart, lung, and kidney disease.
Routine Pet Dental Examinations
Our veterinarians perform basic oral exams on all our patients during their comprehensive physical exam. Puppies and kittens will be examined to detect any problems related to the deciduous (baby) teeth, missing or extra teeth, swellings, and oral development. Senior pets will be evaluated for developmental anomalies, the accumulation of plaque and tartar, periodontal disease, and oral tumors.
Good Oral Hygiene for Pets
Dental Care Tips for Dogs and Cats
- Schedule a dental oral exam for your dog or cat every year.
- Schedule regular dental cleanings as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Brush your pet's teeth daily, or give your pet a dental hygiene chew every other day.
- Serve dog or cat food and treats that control tarter and plaque and promote good dental health.